I’ve got the blues

“A Power Quote is an Antidote to the Blues”
Dr Shaun Marler

The word Antidote means: “To counteract or prevent the effects of, by giving or taking an Antidote.” Have you ever woken up in the morning and wished you could just stay in bed? Have you gotten out of bed only to wish you could get straight back in. Gone to work and wished you could go back home, fishing or to the beach? Then you are not alone.

Each one of us at different times has these days or even seasons in our lives. Times when for no apparent reason we have the “Blues” - we don’t feel like doing anything, or we feel like quitting and giving up. Some times there is good reason for these emotions. Other times there is not. Whether there is reason for the way we feel or not makes no difference. We must not harbour these thoughts and negative feelings because they will poison our progress in life and affect the way we act, or react, and relate to others and life in general.

One day King David woke up, and as he got out of bed, the Bible recalls, he asks himself a question: “Why are you cast down oh my soul and why are you troubled within me?” (Psalms 42:5). We can see from reading this Psalm that his enemies were giving him a hard time, and he was being plagued with the thought “where is God?” David was being bombarded in his thought life that God had left him. What was his solution? IT was again to praise God and by so doing filling his mind with positive affirmations of God’s presence, power, ability, and love.

Over the years I have loved to collect great quotes from others as well writing them myself. These quotes have been like an injection of enthusiasm, a push when times were tough, an inspiration, a thought that “I could do it” if I did not quit. They have been an attitude check and much, much more. They have helped me immensely on my journey to success. They have encapsulated opinions, ideas and dreams, provided a supercharged thought to blast doubt out of my life and propel me on my way. They have been a gem and a word in season when I was weary, and have helped me be an “Up” person in a “down” kind-of-world.

If ever you are feeling blue then these thoughts and quotes are for you – you can do it, and you can win!

This is Dr Shaun Marler’s thought and power quote for the day. Helping you to win in life through Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION