Just be still

“The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.” Psalm 23:1-3 (NIV)

Tragically, precious little in this hurried and hassled age promotes intimacy. We have become a body of people who look more like a herd of cattle in a stampede than a flock of God’s people beside still waters and green pastures.

Our forefathers, it seems, knew how to spend time with God, to commune with the Almighty! Godliness is something that comes from God! We need to spend time with Him to learn from Him, to take His yoke which is easy to carry and to lay down the heavy burdens of our heart.

My good friend Drummond says, “If you give water out, you must go back to the source and allow God to fill you up again!” We must re-learn the lost art of waiting on God, of spending time with Him so He can replenish our life and energy forces, and give us divine wisdom and instruction. Then we can grow and succeed in life, and be the best we can be for Him.

He is our Shepard and desires to meet all our needs. Slow down and take the time to wait on God. Spend time listening to that still small voice of the Spirit and you will find rest for your souls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION