Where shall we meet?

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. (Matthew 6:6 KJV)

When Jesus talks about closet, He doesn’t mean one full of shoes, clothing or other kinds of clutter. The Greek word for closet here is tameon, it refers to the place in the Old Testament temple where the treasures are stored. It is a place of devotions where the riches are received.

Jesus isn’t specifying one place to seek the Father. More important than the word “closet’ is the phrase “shut the door!” Shut the door from the noise and cares of daily life. Wherever your closet may be, such as field, room, rooftop, park, or some other quiet place. A place where you can get alone with God to commune with Him, love Him, and most importantly listen to Him.

Remember if you talk to God, He will talk to you. If you commune with God, He will commune with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION