Prayer

 

Dear Partners, Friends and Family, 

"Nothing is impossible with God when you pray effectively  - Tom Brown

Last week the Lord had me write on perseverance.  When I asked the Lord, "What should I share this week?"  I felt impressed by the Spirit to share on prayer.  I heard the phrase "Persevere in prayer."

I like the quote that I have shared above, which I found on the back of Bishop Tom Brown's book, "Prayers that Get Results".  (This book is available through Whitaker House.)  

If there was ever a time when we need to persevere in prayer, until what God has promised is fully manifested, it is now!  As you are aware, America is going to the polls to vote on who will run their country for the next four years.  Here in Queensland, where I live, we are also voting for who will lead our state for the next four years.  It is crucial that we vote and that we exercise our vote wisely.  I encourage you to find out what your representatives believe and stand for.  Find out if they hold dear the beliefs that you hold dear, and if they will uphold these values when they speak in parliament on the people's behalf. 

I have recently watched many Youtube clips, and one thing that impresses me about President Trump is that he is a strong pro-life advocate.  He also recently declared that Jesus Christ is the great boss and the most famous person in the world.  I love it when leaders are not afraid to speak the name of Jesus and declare His greatness!  He has asked for and received prayer and is a great advocate for faith and the church.  

In light of these upcoming elections, it is even more important that we pray at this time.  Pray that God would raise up the right people to lead and guide the nations through these times.  A scripture that comes to mind is Ephesians 6:18.  It says, "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people."  

1 Timothy 2:1-2 says, "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says, "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

In the above verses, we can see the importance God places on prayer.  We are instructed to pray for our leaders, that we might live quiet and peaceful lives.  This cannot be more true than at election time.  

We can also see that our prayers must be full of faith, gratitude and thanksgiving.  These prayers are to be prayed without ceasing or as I have said, "We must persevere in prayer."  Nothing is impossible to God!  When we pray in faith, rejoicing, in the name of Jesus, the whole of heaven backs us!  When we pray in the Spirit, we are praying the perfect will of God into manifestation.  

I believe with all my heart that there is a prophetic call to urgent prayer, that has gone out in the spirit realm.  God requires of us, at this time, that we hear and obey.   Jesus said, "When you pray, pray, Father let Your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven."  We need to see God's will carried out on the earth at this time. 

There is spiritual warfare, that is taking place in the heavenly realms right now, and light is clashing with darkness.  God's angels and the devil's angels are at war!  The good news is we have the victory in Jesus's name!  Jesus purchased prosperity, liberty, freedom, joy and healing for every person on the cross.  We need to enforce this victory in our lives, communities and nations.  It is God's will that we enjoy life, we enjoy our labour under the sun and we live in freedom and peace.  It is the devil that comes to steal, kill and destroy.  Jesus comes to give us life and that life in all its abundance.

The scripture says in Matthew 16:19, "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Let's be a part of this last day prophetic movement, to see a billion souls won for Christ and to usher in the rapture of the church, the second coming of Christ and the millennial reign, by taking up the call to prayer.  

I dare you to pray!  I dare you to rejoice and persevere in prayer for the freedom, prosperity and joyous life of all people.

God bless and much love,

Ps. Shaun Marler

Apostle World Harvest Ministries

Please share this update with anyone you believe would be blessed by it. 
Tell others about our ministry and help us to connect with your friends and family.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION