Think Right

Dear Partner, Friends & Family,

If you want to be successful, then you must learn to think right. - Dr. Shaun Marler

Recently, I was meditating on the scripture in the book of Proverbs 23:7.

"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.  “Eat and drink!” he says to you, But his heart is not with you."

Over the years, I have preached on this scripture numerous times, but as I revisited it, I saw it yet again in a new light.  I have always liked to say, "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he or so he becomes." 

Words are powerful!  Thoughts are words in picture form.  We need to feed on the right thoughts, pictures made up of the right words.  We need to think right!  As we learn to think right, it will cause us to act right.  We are drawn to our predominate thinking patterns. These thought patterns become the meditations and musings of our mind and heart.  The more we meditate on a given thing, either positive or negative, we are in actual fact creating that thing and being drawn to it and drawing it to us.  

I dare you to think about the thought that I have just given you.  Then read again the above scripture in Proverbs 23:7.  As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.  Or as I like to say, "So he becomes."  We are all in the process of becoming something and somebody.  You and I have a destiny; God has a plan for our life summarized in Jeremiah 29:11-14.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.  I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive."

Last Sunday, I preached a message entitled, "How to Change Your Life Regardless of Your Age."  I am bringing part 2 this Sunday.  We can see here some powerful thoughts from our Father to our hearts, thoughts of victory and thoughts of freedom.  

God is actually thinking thoughts in your direction.  There is a river of life and a river of thought, life giving ideas, life giving dreams, revelation and inspiration that is flowing from the Father's heart towards your heart.  God has a plan for our lives and it is ALL GOOD!  He wants to give our life purpose and destiny, setting us free from captivity and giving us the ultimate freedom and victory.  Our God is the God of salvation. 

In Deuteronomy 30:19-20, "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

By choosing to think right, by tuning into God's thoughts, the river of thought that God is thinking towards us today, we are choosing life!  As we think, and meditate God's thoughts, made up of God's word, we are choosing to think right, which will cause us to believe right and then we will act right. 

James 2:18 says, "But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

James's faith birthed corresponding actions, works.  Those works were born or birthed out of James's faith, which came as a result of the word of God and the meditation of his heart in that word.  James had heard the words of Christ over and over and he had witnessed the deeds and miracles of our Lord.  He knew that Jesus had said, "The works I do, you will do also and greater works you will do because I go to my Father."  When Jesus went to the Father, He sent the Holy Spirit to us, who brings to us and to our memory the words and the thoughts of God.  Jesus said, "My words are Spirit, and they are life."  God has given to each of us the incredible power to think, imagine and meditate His word, His life.  

I dare you to meditate His word today, change the way you think and you will change the way you live!  

God bless and much love,

Ps. Shaun Marler

Apostle World Harvest Ministries

Please share this update with anyone you believe would be blessed by it. 
Tell others about our ministry and help us to connect with your friends and family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION