It's all on you

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent”
Eleanor Roosevelt

I love this saying by Eleanor Roosevelt. Think about it – you know there are people out there who just love to put you down. They have nothing better to do with their time than to tell you how bad you are doing. My Dad always said, “If you can’t say a good word about someone, don’t say a bad one.”

The Word of God tells us to let our words impart grace and faith to the hearers (Eph. 4v29). Even though people can say all kinds of things, it is really up to us how we react to such remarks. It is up to us if we allow these thoughts to hinder our progress in life. Will we be crippled by these things, feeling inferior all our lives because someone, maybe a teacher, a peer, a superior or a family member once held a thought about us or said words that put us down?

Or will we rise above them, proving the other wrong, overcoming thoughts of inferiority knowing we were made by God for a purpose, for a reason. Remember that “you are a somebody – you were made by God.”

Give no consent to thoughts of inferiority living in your head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION