Letting it go!

“When you resent someone, they live rent-free in your head”
Anonymous

I don’t know who the anonymous person was who said this, but don’t you just love it? The word resent means “to feel or show displeasure or indignation at, from a sense of injury or insult, to take ill or feel resentment, to express or exhibit displeasure or indignation by words or acts.”

If we resent someone enough, this person will live rent-free in our head we will be wasting precious thought energy and time dwelling on past hurts this person may have caused us. In so doing we will carry this person around with us whereever we go. I don’t know about you but I can say that if I had to carry someone around all day, by the end of it I would be very tired. That is how it is if we allow resentment to dwell in our minds. We will become stressed and tired. We need to set them free by forgiving and in so doing we will free ourselves.

The Word says in Hebrews 12:15 “not to allow roots of bitterness to spring up in us, which only result in others in our lives being defiled.” We need to repent of and forsake any resentments feel towards others lest we eventually hurt ourselves as well.

This is Dr Shaun Marler's Power Quote and thought for today - helping you to win in life through Jesus Christ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION