A time of rest

“Come apart, before you come apart”
Dr Shaun Marler

“Ours is a complicated, cluttered world”, writes Chuck Swindoll in his book Intimacy with the Almighty. “God did not create it that way! Depraved restless humanity has made it that way!”

Jesus tells us to close the door to the noise and hurry of busy 21st century life. Find a ‘closet’ and shut the door! You choose a time and a place that is best for you. The only requirement is separation from the noise and confusion of life. You must come apart and rest awhile. You must let God refresh and renew your spirit; you must rest and recharge your batteries. For if you do not come apart and rest, you will eventually come apart - there will be a system break down somewhere.

That’s why when God created man, He instituted the Sabbath’s day rest! “Come apart, before you come apart”

Take time to allow God to inspire, speak, fill and recharge your batteries for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION