Honour your man of God

“Render to all men their dues. [Pay] taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, and honor to whom honor is due.” Romans 13:7 (AMP)

The word honour means: to respect, to revere, to treat with deference and submission and perform relevant duties to. Honouring your man of God is vital in the life of every born-again believer. Even as a Senior Pastor, it is a privilege for me to honour the men of God that I consider my spiritual fathers and mentors. They are life coaches to me on my spiritual journey to success, shining examples of excellence in ministry, men to whom I look for advice, prayer, guidance and leadership. The importance of a man such as this cannot be overstated.

Many of us would not be saved from the wrath to come, had it not been for the assistance, support and intervention of our Pastors. We would be ignorant of the Word, were it not for a man of God anointed to teach. Thank God for men who dare to teach the “Word of God”, instead of the doctrines of man. To honour, trust and believe in your man of God puts you in a place to be overtaken with favour.

“Believe in the LORD your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.” 2 Chronicles 20:20 (NKJV)

I have found it is great to sow into the work of the ministry - God blesses those who do. But even more I have found that when I have sown directly into a man of God’s life, I have experienced a mighty return. I dare you today to buy your Pastor a gift, send him a card of appreciation, give him some money, do something that lets him know you honour him, respect him and love him. “Honour all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.” (1 Peter 2:17, NKJV).

If you don’t have a man of God in your life, find a good church that preaches the Word, join it and get yourself a Pastor. God has placed them in the body as gifts to you, to Shepard your soul. When we give honour to our Pastor, we are giving Honour to God for the gift He has given us. As you honour God, He will honour you. In doing this, you will release unprecedented favour over your life.

… a thought for your day from Dr Shaun Marler, helping you to win in life through Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

THE LAW OF REPETITION