The Wandering Hubcap - excerpt from Dr. Shaun's 'Praise Power' book.



Praise Report 1  - excerpt from Dr. Shaun's 'Praise Power' book.

Testimony of the Wandering Hubcap

In my younger days, I drove a bright green sporty Mazda 929. One day I noticed one of the hubcaps was missing. Now a hubcap cost quite a large sum of money in those days and this particular one was part of a limited edition. Just out of Bible College, recently married with a young baby and serving in a new ministry, my spending habits had definitely been put on hold, so to speak.

Realising that it was beyond my means to purchase a new hubcap, I immediately thanked God that He would bring this hubcap back to me. I prayed “Lord there’s nothing concealed that won’t be revealed.” Even though I had no idea where it could be, I prayed that the angels would take me to my hubcap. Mark 11:24 states: “Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” I prayed this over and over and confessed “Thank you Jesus, thank you for bringing my hubcap back to me. Thank you Father that I have my hubcap back. Father, I have prayed and believed.” I used the Praising Principle again and again.

A couple of days passed, and then as I was driving home one day a voice told me to stop and pull over. I did just that. Looking across the field, I spotted my hubcap, lying upside down in the long grass on the other side of the gully. It was only by pulling to the side that I was able to see it, as it was not visible from the road. My heart sang with joy as I picked it up and promptly put it back on, praising God for answering my prayer.

Some months later someone said “Oh, I see you’ve lost your hubcap.” Can you believe it?  It was the same hubcap again! I had told everyone about my Praising Principle, and now it seemed as though the devil had stolen it to ruin my testimony. That’s what I figured. So I prayed Mark 11:24 again and confessed it. I was immediately attacked with “Like it’s going to work again!” However, I stood firm with a “Thank you Father I have my hubcap again. Thank you Jesus for bringing the hubcap back!” practising the Praising Principle. When doubts started to infiltrate my mind, I fought them immediately. I concentrated on 2 Corinthians 10:4-5, which says: “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds; casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and  bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”

The devil was trying to get me to doubt whether I would ever see it again. I continued to praise God, thanking Him that His Word works, and I pictured the hubcap in my mind. After a time I went to my brother’s house. He said, “By the way, I thought I saw your hubcap sitting on the fence up the road.” It was! It had rolled from the road and travelled a considerable distance into a farmer’s paddock. The area had been covered with thick, long grass, hiding the silver hubcap. God must have talked to the owner of the paddock about cutting the grass, picking up the hubcap, and putting it on the fence.

Sometimes we think God is not answering our prayers, but it’s just that the circumstances have to line up with His will. He had answered my prayer then and there when I prayed it, but there is a seed time and a harvest time. In the book of Daniel Chapter 10, the angel Gabriel explains a situation to Daniel, how God heard his prayer and dispatched the answer the day he prayed. He goes on to explain that there were spiritual forces from Satan that tried to block the answer. As we keep on praising God and thanking Him, the angels are able to break through the blockages and bring our answers. So I drove down the road, picked up the wandering hubcap and banged it back on the car.  By this stage I must admit, I felt like gluing it on, but even then I had a greater testimony of how God had brought back my hubcap.

Talk about my faith being tried! Sometime later on, as I got out of my car, I noticed with astonishment that the hubcap was gone again! Straightaway the devil said to me: “You are not getting it back this time!” Annoyance and doubt flooded through my mind, but I resisted and stood firm on the Praising Principle. Always act rather than react. With every principle in life, we can do one of two things: stay positive or get caught up with negative emotions. If we can learn to act (by applying the Word of God), we can turn a bad circumstance into a good testimony.

Once again I prayed, thanking God and praising God, and calling the hubcap back to my car. Everywhere I drove I would have a little prayer session that the hubcap was already back on. I banished negative thoughts with continual praise. I was determined not to buy another one because I wanted to see God’s Word work again. Now three months had passed and still no sign of the hubcap. Then, one day my mother-in-law asked about the hubcap, teasing me with “I thought you said your faith worked? You still don’t have your hubcap!” This really annoyed me. I told her that it would come back and that I had praised God for it. It wasn’t lost and the angels knew exactly where it was.

That night I had a bigger praise session than ever before. I thanked God that I was not moved by what I saw, but what I believed. I said, “No way will I buy another one.” I praised Him and thanked Him that His Word works. I believed that I had that hubcap. There’s a day that God’s answer will manifest – so trust Him totally.

I subsequently booked my car in for a service at the local garage. Another man did the same, and as he parked his car beside mine, he noticed that my car’s hubcap was missing. He told the serviceman that he found a hubcap similar to those on my car some three months ago in his garden on his front lawn. He subsequently hung it in his garage. This considerate bloke then gave the manager of the garage his address and asked him to tell me to come to his house and pick up my hubcap. Since it was a  very distinctive hubcap, he figured it would be very expensive to replace, so he kept it.

Later that afternoon, when I picked up my car, my mechanic told me his other client had my hubcap hanging in his garage and said that I could go and pick it up.   After giving me the address, I drove to the man’s house and sure enough, down the back of his house, in his garage, was my hubcap.  I just praised God for His awesome greatness and thanked Him for His angelic assistants He had sent to assist me in life. I thought about the magnitude of this miracle: that God so arranged it and ordained it through my prayer and praise and trust in Him, that He sent the very man who had my hubcap in his garage to the same mechanic on the same day at the same time in the correct parking space to observe my missing hubcap and realise he was the one with it. The miracle of all this is that God answered my prayer the minute I prayed. God taught me through this incident the awesome power of praise,  and to always continue praising especially when the odds are against you.

Well I’m happy to say that that was the last time I lost the wandering hubcap. Shortly afterwards I sold the car!

--------------
We hope you enjoyed this praise power testimony!  If you would like to buy a copy of 'Praise Power: The Key to Happiness in Life' by Dr. Shaun Marler, please click on the below link.  OR go to Amazon and search 'Praise Power by Dr. Shaun Marler'. 

https://www.amazon.com.au/Praise-Power-Key-Happiness-Li/dp/0987132512/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1552960508&sr=8-1&keywords=praise+power+by+dr+shaun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION