Prayer and Praise - excerpt from Dr. Shaun's 'Praise Power' book.


Prayer and Praise

2 Timothy 3:1-2 reveals to us, “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy...”

The word here that I want to emphasise is unthankful.

The Bible tells us, one of the conditions of men’s hearts in the last days, is that they will be unthankful.

Philippians 4:4-6 reminds us to “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.  Let your moderation be known unto all men.  The Lord is at hand.  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”

We are instructed to rejoice in the Lord always, and again to rejoice.  That means to do it over and over, over and over, and over again.  Keep on rejoicing.  The verse goes on to tell us that the Lord is at hand, that we should be careful for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, we should let our requests be made known unto God.

To be careful for nothing, means to cast all your cares, worries, and anxieties, upon the Lord.  It does not mean to be slack or slothful in your business, personal life or family matters.  Rather, it means to put your trust in the Lord, in all circumstances of life, trusting Him for a favourable outcome.  Trust that God will look after you, and care for you!

We are always asking God to do things for us – to provide things for us – but we must remember to thank Him for His provision of our every need through Jesus Christ and the cross of Calvary.

Remember the Lord is at hand.  One day the Lord spoke very strongly into my spirit and said “Shaun, I am at hand, I never leave you or forsake you, I am right there at your hand, I am here for you.”

Until this time I had always taken this verse and used it as a reference to Jesus’ second coming.  But now God was revealing to me a much more powerful revelation and that is, GOD IS ALWAYS NEAR AT HAND AND READY TO HELP.

He loves you and will never leave or forsake you.  The hand of the Lord is not short that, He cannot save, neither is His ear deaf that He cannot hear.  He is rich to all those who call upon Him.

I always like to say,

“IF YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU HAVE NEVER HAD, YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING YOU HAVE NEVER DONE.” 

God bless, Dr. Shaun.
Help you to WIN in life through Jesus Christ.
------
--------------
We hope you enjoyed this praise power excerpt!  If you would like to buy a copy of 'Praise Power: The Key to Happiness in Life' by Dr. Shaun Marler, please click on the below link.  OR go to Amazon and search 'Praise Power by Dr. Shaun Marler'. 

https://www.amazon.com.au/Praise-Power-Key-Happiness-Li/dp/0987132512/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1552960508&sr=8-1&keywords=praise+power+by+dr+shaun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION