Win More

 

Dear Partner, family and friends,

"I hated every minute of training, but I said; don't quit!  Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." - Muhammad Ali

We have been talking about reaching more, loving more, and now this week, I want to speak about winning more for Jesus!

I love the above quote by the greatest boxer of all time, Muhammad Ali. He said he hated every minute of training, but he refused to quit! He knew if he suffered now, through the strict regime of training, he would be able to live the rest of his life like a champion! We all know he achieved his goals. In the Bible, the Apostle Paul speaks about how he disciplines his body, like that of a great boxer. I am sure if he was alive today, he could draw from the example of Muhammad Ali's boxing career. 

The Apostle Paul went on to say that through strict discipline and training, like that of a fine athlete, he keeps his body under subjection, with the goal of winning more souls for Christ. I love the way in these verses of scripture in 1 Corinthians 9:19- 27, we can see the Apostle Paul identifying with the discipline of top athletes.

The Need for Self-Discipline
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.  Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.  Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.  No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. (Apostle Paul).

I call it delayed gratification. It is suffering for Christ and His Kingdom. We put the welfare of others and their eternal salvation as a high priority in our life's agenda. Jesus said, "Come follow me, and I will teach you to be fishers of men." (Matthew 4:19).  Getting people saved (born-again) is the Father's business. As we participate with God in this life-changing work for His glory, God partners with us. We are, as the scripture says, co-labourers together with God. God equips us with the power of the Holy Spirit and His gifts to be effective witnesses for Christ. Paul says, highly disciplined and trained athletes become champions and win gold crowns and medals. In the same way, we can win gold crowns from our heavenly Father by winning souls into His Kingdom. These crowns will never perish, but last throughout all eternity. Whether you are an athlete, worker, business owner, gardener, whatever your occupation, you can still be a soul winner in this life.  

You can achieve high accolades in your chosen field of endeavour through life, and at the same time be a witness for the Lord Jesus Christ from that position, winning souls for His glory. You will not only receive life's best now, but you will receive high accolades and eternal rewards from your heavenly Father.

I dare you to win more, love more, reach more and do more for Jesus. 

God bless and much love,

Ps. Shaun Marler

Apostle World Harvest Ministries

Please share this update with anyone you believe would be blessed by it. 
Tell others about our ministry and help us to connect with your friends and family.

Comments

  1. Very great encouraging Blog says Win the souls for Christ. Raj

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION