Perseverance

"Tough times never last, but tough people do."-Dr. Robert Schuller 


Perseverance! This is the word that today I woke up thinking about and meditating on. Perseverance from the dictionary means, "Persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success."

Perseverance is a powerful word, and I believe a fitting word for this day in which we now find ourselves. Many of you have dreams and goals you have desired to achieve. It is not too late to achieve that goal or that dream. The bible says, "Without a vision, the people perish" (Proverbs 29:18). One of the meanings of the word perish is to "Let go!"

I want to encourage you today, not to let go of your God given dreams. I dare you to persevere despite the difficulty that you may be facing today. I dare you to keep on keeping on, reaching for God's best. "Tough times never last, but tough people do."  I remember hearing this many years ago by Dr Robert Schuller, and I have never forgotten this saying. I believe we can all apply this to our lives today. If we keep our focus on God, He will bring us to our desired haven. He causes us to lie down in green pastures and beside still waters

Our world might be in turmoil today, but we don't have to participate, we can choose to lie down in the green pastures of God's Word, while drinking and refreshing ourselves in the water of the Spirit.

In Jeremiah 29:11 it says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." God is thinking great thoughts towards you right now. He is thinking prosperous thoughts to you right now. Relax and receive those prosperous thoughts into your mind and spirit. By meditating God's word and praying in the Holy Spirit, allow God to re-energize and refresh you today.

It is time to rekindle the dream. It is time to refire the vision. Tongues will cease at 'The Rapture of the Church', but prophecy will continue on till it fades away. Live your life like Jesus is coming this afternoon, but plan your life, like He is not coming for a hundred years. Work on leaving a legacy, build up your fellow man, encourage one another, uphold one another in prayer. Inspire each other to be all they can be for Jesus, and to do all they can do for Him. My good friend, who is now in Glory, John Lane, would always say, "It is not too late to be, what you could have been." 

I dare you to dream again! I dare you to meditate on that vision and to thank God, your best is still to come and the church's best days are before us and not behind us. Remember, the Lord taught us in Haggai that the glory of the last house shall be greater than the former. Together let us continue to love more, reach more, win more and do more for Jesus!

God bless and much love,

Ps. Shaun Marler
Apostle World Harvest Ministries


Please share this update with anyone you believe would be blessed by it. 
Tell others about our ministry and help us to connect with your friends and family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe.” Smith Wigglesworth.

Honour your man of God

THE LAW OF REPETITION